Tuesday, March 31, 2009

accessible technology (reflection wk 3)

I have been so swamped with grades that I have not been able to play on any of my sites. I sure could tell I have not checked in daily, my reader had many stored articles and blogs to scan. I can tell from other blogs that I am going to have to find out more about twitter and try to follow some of you. I know we have discussed accessibility of technology is very important but so is upgraded technology. I am running into a problem with dial up at home (Cathy I know you have this issue too), it is way too slow for some of the podcasts and videos. I have also run into some problems with needing mp4 players for videos and even windows 2003 will not open some documents. We all seem to be having some issues whether it is Cathy or me with slow connections or Chad with not the right players to open information to Lisa having her computer in for repair. I know we are all getting around these issues right now but I feel we are just scratching the surface of issues we will face. Trying to keep up with technology to explore new areas is going to be a challenge in the very near future. The new i phones are outdated almost when they reach the market. Our computers can be updated but with too many bells and whistles older computers get bogged down.

I did use my book mark on i Google to open a power point and video I found in (one building) in the morning to another building later that afternoon, and I now have it stored there for future use. Right now in this class I feel one thing I am accomplishing is being able to organize all my options so I can reference them from anywhere.
On to trying a new adventure, podcasting. I borrowed a microphone and will try tomorrow after school with Lisa and Chad to see if we can set up a small podcast. will update this late

No comments:

Post a Comment